Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

AIGA Baltimore Board has Openings

Good Afternoon - I hope everyone is well. We have a few openings on the AIGA Baltimore board and are currently looking for interested candidates. I have included below a letter from our President, Chris Jones. If you could reach out to Chris or I prior to June 30th with your interest and questions that would be excellent.

Thanks,

Heather Mullally Joines
AIGA Baltimore Business Events Chair and Incoming Treasurer
heather@baltimore.aiga.org
>
> You know the classic military ad campaign: "The Few, The Proud, The Marines..." right? The Marines need people, but not just any people. They need committed and engaged people who can come together and work as a team to get "stuff done". A major difference between the USMC and AIGA is we don't plan on sending you into bunkers or across the desert in fatigues, though you may get into the occasional firefight. But the truth is this AIGA Baltimore volunteer appeal is not much different.
>
> The board's committment is no simple feat. I want to thank our current board for their donations of time, effort and concern in stirring up our ideas of what AIGA Baltimore can be. But, that said, we are nowhere near done... In order to help us continue to deliver on the programs, the ideas, the diversity... the life to AIGA Baltimore, we're looking for interested people to fill these open board positions.
>
> Secretary Develops board meeting minutes and schedules board meetings.
> Business Events Chair works to develop business relevant programming for chapter audiences.
> Volunteer Chairperson Develops volunteers to assist and execute various events and initiatives.
> Membership Chairperson Develops intiatives to assist membership and regluarly reports on trending data.
>
> Email me for additional information about the various open positions...
>
> While this appeal is focused on getting responses from potential board members, I also wanted to reflect on the role we each play in the creative patchwork of Baltimore, as well as the larger design community. In the changing world of design, how vital it is for AIGA to continue to develop relevant and meaningful touches to what's great about what we do. Whether you're a student or professor, studio manager or client, it is even more so that we need one another to think and communicate about the transformative role that relevant, poignant design plays in our lives and society.
>
> Oh so important is this mission, that it makes not only the appeal for solid, committed board members so important. All the way down the line, that same mission underscores the value of each member to make the most of their membership and to become partners in our success (their own as well) by reconnecting with other Baltimoreans at that next networking function, learning about a new function in a program workshop or getting reinspired in a lecture.
>
> That's right. We need you more than ever to come out and pick up your AIGA BLEND button if that's the one event a month you can make. If you're a member, we need you posting your work on the free webspace with membership: AIGA Design Jobs, so you can get some eyes on your work and you can find that new job. If you're a professor and you want to bring the next big thing to Baltimore, let us know and let's "get'er done!" And if you've got the time, passion and commitment, we need you to express interest in joining our board.
>
> Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing your concerns and thoughts.

Thomas Christopher Jones
Chris Jones
chris@baltimore.aiga.org

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

The Baltimore Designers Collective